Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cell Phones are Taking Over the World

Jeff's blog post about the fact that 60% of the world's population have cell phones got me thinking about the rate of turn-over for all technology. We are well aware of the fact that technology has begun to dominate over the paper form of print. In fact, as stated in an article I read about newspapers called "Are Newspapers Going Extinct", the 'old-fashioned' method of receiving information about local news and world headlines is going to be compared to the likes of dinosaurs--ancient! But, back to my point about turn-over rate. If computers are being pumped out like no body's business, and cell phones become "old" in a matter of months, what happens to their 'dead bodies'? I'm guessing that most people are not disposing of them properly, but that's just a guess. But, if I'm right, that means that landfills are being suffocated with undesirable printers, laptops, cell phones, fax machines, keyboards, and so on. What is the long-term effect of this behavior?

Take a step back in time and watch this you tube video of the supposed first cell phone ad...

No comments:

Post a Comment