Sunday, February 15, 2009
Balance
Like anything in life, we need balance. We need balance between work and play, work and sleep, friends and family, peace and chaos, and so on. I've been thinking lately about technology and its balance against other modes of teaching in the classroom. This year, my focus has been broadening my on learning about how to embed it successfully and more importantly, meaningfully, into the classroom, which has been eye-opening and an amazing experience. But, I wanted to express my views on balance. The classroom should not be ALL about technology. Beginning when I was in high school, I developed a passion for drama, which carried over into university where I took several courses on Drama in Education at Brock University which helped to validate my yearning for using drama in the classroom, beyond in "drama class". It got kids out of their seats for a change and helped them to learn more kinesthetically--through feeling and experiencing. There is no denying it--balance is a challenging thing. How do you balance your teaching styles/strategies in the classroom?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment