Thursday, April 29, 2010

Blog #4: Nearing Completion

http://www.flickr.com/photos/evilerin/3796279865/

This is what I feel like after student after student after students say, "Miss B., my project got deleted", or "Miss B., I lost my thumb drive and...so did my partner" or even "Miss B., my project deleted itself...again!" AAaaaahhhh! With school cancellation for 2 days right before a week-long holiday, students losing a lot of work and having to start over, this project is a bit more chaotic than I expected.

During the class work period, a lot of what I do is walk from group to group, answering questions, asking them to refer back to their storyboard plan, reminding them what the purpose of the project is, who their audience is, and so on. A good portion of using the tool, iMovie, we learn together. They become their own experts, especially in a particular feature of iMovie, and when a group doesn't know how to do something, I throw it out to the class and almost always, someone is able to help that group out. The nature of this project is very collaborative.

The key is now, deciding on a reasonable due date to account for the numerous interruptions/setbacks I mentioned earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment