Friday, September 25, 2009

Year 2 @ ISB--How Have I Changed?

This blog post is answering the question of how have I changed as a teacher since taking this technology course. First of all, I'm more comfortable using the tools to deepen learning and make it more fun. For example--blogging has become an area where I feel more confident in doing lessons myself now and helping the students see the benefit of blogging. I have tried to include technology more than I did last year, mainly due to my increased confidence. I am also venturing more outside my comfort zone, taking more risks than last year by trying new things.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Robin, when I first saw you as a follower of our "miss grand bend blog" I was trying to find a way to let you know my son is in Daegu SK teaching for his 3rd year. He just got back to Daegu from a 3 week holiday in Cambodia. He still hasn't been to Thailand but 2 of our best friends spent a month there when they first retired.Our son has visited China and Japan since he landed in SK. He graduated from Brock and 2 days later was on a plane to SK with his diploma in hand. He has been home twice and "misses grand bend".
    I finally figured out how to send you an note. Are the Robin who knows Brian?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frank,
    Yes, I do know Brian Dale and am friends with him from back home. I visited Cambodia twice in the last year...and just loved it! I also gradutated from Brock--small world, isn't it?
    I miss GB very much. Playing the songs from Brian's CD gives me that little taste of home I need sometimes! Take care,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with how much you are doing this year Robin! I totally agree that confidence is the key to making these kinds of changes. I also think your confidence will translate to your students, which is probably the most important part!

    ReplyDelete