Monday, March 2, 2009

Final Reflection


Helping to design and plan our project highlighting social issues in an upcoming social issues unit has been exciting! I'm really happy to be working with such an enthusiastic team: Dan, Chrissy and Diane. We used the UBD model to ensure that our enduring understandings and essential questions remained at the forefront of designing the project. It certainly takes a long time to sift through the language and get out exactly what one wants to have the students learn, but with 4 of us on the team, I think the framework and more and more of the details of the project are becoming clearer. We discovered that Glogster has a specific website for teachers at www.glogster.com/edu and has better features than regular glogster.com, so we were able to register each of our classes--for free! We still need to sort out the fine details of the project, decide which mentor texts will be used to drive the mini-lessons and also devise a checklist and rubric for the students to guide them in our expectations of the project. I am excited to see what the final projects will look like, and I'll be posting them to my class blog when they're complete.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to see how your team uses Glogster! It's something I've been hearing about for a while, but haven't actually used myself. Glad to see there are specific options for education as well. Looking forward to seeing the final student work!

    ReplyDelete